Thursday, April 15, 2010

Alternate Flavoring

I mentioned last night another color scheme I am considering using for the Stonecutters. I consider this one closer to the colors seen on the robes in Homer the Great. I wasn't working from the previous template so the actual shades are different, but they should be close enough to make it clear what I am going for. There are a few other differences but nothing significant.

Stonecutters Tactical Marine (alternate)

I'm fairly certain that I prefer the previous version with turquoise trim on the pauldrons over this one. I don't like the combination of red and purple, even if that is more similar to robes in the episode. This seems like a minor point on which to assert artistic license and I do not think it will detract from the overall theme. It's also possible that I could use this in a more limited capacity, perhaps for veterans or whatnot. I do not think either would be more difficult to paint than the other so it really is just a matter of aesthetic and preference. Any thoughts?

10 comments:

  1. Red and Turquoise. Much more sharp.
    Add some yellow in there somewhere and you will make the color wheel happy with its analogous color scheme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on! Thanks for the feedback, that's exactly the type of input I was hoping to get. I knew something about the other color scheme seemed unpleasing to the eye so it's cool for me to understand why. Solid use of theory DrGabe, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete